Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I feel that Pumpkin and fall go together like peanut butter and chocolate. Delicious.  These cookies are so delicious and the best part about them is they are pretty healthy and I don't feel guilty eating them like I may feel with other cookies.  These cookies are from my childhood.  My mother used to make these when I was growing up, but she would usually put raisins or nuts in instead of the chocolate chips, which is the way I prefer. So here is this wonderful quick and easy recipe.


Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Pumpkin
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 1/4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup Chocolate Chips (I prefer Dark Chocolate)

Preheat your oven to 400 F.  Place the sugar, butter, pumpkin, egg and vanilla in a bowl and blend until smooth.  Then add all the dry ingredients and stir until combined.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  Then bake on a greased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.  Let cool on the cookie sheet for about 1 minute before transferring to a cooling rack. Then enjoy the wonderful taste of these cookies and the cool weather and changing leaves.

Linking up to these parties here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it button